Thursday 18 October 2007

Lesson 2, Exercise 2

1. Larry Page and Sergey Brin are the founders of Google.

2. PageRank reflects Google's view of the importance of web pages by considering more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms. Pages that Google believes are important pages receive a higher PageRank and are more likely to appear at the top of the search results.

3.The "I'm Feeling Lucky™" button takes you directly to the first web page Google returned for your query.

When you click on the "Similar Pages" link for a search result, Google automatically scouts the web for pages that are related to this result.http://www.google.es/intl/en/help/features.html#related

4.I typed HTML in the Google Search text box and I've founded 3.380.000.000 results. It takes me 0.07 seconds to complete the search.
HTML: A markup language used to structure text and multimedia documents and to set up hypertext links between documents, used extensively on the World Wide Web.

5.I typed HTTML turorial and it founded 79.700.000 results. It lasted 0.18 seconds.

6. I think I would be able to create my own Web site. I don't hink it should be very difficult. There is also many information in Internet that could help me.

No comments: